Monday, January 22, 2007

The Panther's exploit

I am NOT pregnant!
I guess celebration would be adequate; only, I’m back to the Atlantic Coast for three more days (ouch), so feasting is decaled until Wednesday night.
Thanx to this news, Killer Smile and I spent a nice Saturday shopping for sales (but I ended up buying nothing at all, as shops were tooooooo crowded), walking around downtown and having quality time together.
Sunday was dedicated to moving all the rest of my stuff that was still in my old flat, including all of my books. While trying to get them up the 96 steps of our apartment, I thought about two things.

Number 1: I ADORE talking and thinking about it as “OUR” home, instead of KS’ place. Cheesy as it may sound, it’s true.

Number 2: wasn’t it Philip Roth, in the Zuckerman trilogy, who wrote about how the total weight of his books increased over and over his moving, during the years? Well, it’s the same for me. Although I keep storing my books at my Parents’ place, the current weight is up to 23 kilos. And I cannot put my books on a diet, unlike my own body!

Anyway, now that you’ve all managed to relax and breathe, no pregnancy, no drama and so on, here comes the rest.

I called the Panther (aka mom), and told her I’ve moved in with my boyfriend.
I expected her to scream out that I’m irresponsible, and how can I be so silly after having been dumped so many times, and this way I’ll never get married (I’ll explain this sooner or later, I promise) and so on.

Instead he said, calmly: “Yeah, I guess it was the best thing to do. Personally, I would have done the same choice”.
Felines’ moves are never easy to forecast!!

No comments: