Thursday, January 25, 2007

Goodbye, my friend

Yesterday night I flew back to town, in the middle of a snow storm. Yeah, after a couple of weeks which were almost warm, winter is back and high.
Being a girl from the mountain, I adore snow, and I don’t mind cold, but landing in the middle of the storm, whoa. Just like in movies, the captain announced that the airport was shutting down, so we would probably have to switch our destination to Paris. Then, he forgot to switch off the speaker, and we heard him telling very clearly to the airport that we did not have enough fuel to ensure a safe and quiet flight to Paris. Yikes!!!!
Then apparently we were given the authorization, because we actually started landing. As soon as we crossed the clouds, we realized how much it was snowing, as we couldn’t see anything else from the windows, and we started shaking as hell.
The landing path was all white, wind blowing quite hard and so on, but somehow we did it (and thanx God it was before dinner!)

Anyway, I got home at 11PM after two weeks of Atlantic coast, so I missed the evening with KS and friends (as usual), and I couldn’t stop thinking: “it’s been two weeks since I last did something just for myself, I only work, clean-up and sleep, what the hell is this?”
Then I realized I thought the same thing last year and two years ago in this season: it’s just that work becomes crazy in this part of the year.

So I picked up the phone and dialed Andrea’s number. Yeah, as in Andrea the Hunter, my best boy-friend, who presently lives in London.
Turned out he’s a bit ill and completely sick of London, overworked and undersexed (and this is really weird, talking about Andrea. Okay, undersexed probably means he didn’t have any sex for a week or so, but whatever.)
So in order to cheer up both our miserable selves, I offered to visit him in London in 2 months or so. Turns out, he’s planning to go back to Thailand for a few months, and he should leave in one month or so.
Once more, I can’t help but fear I’m going to lose him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a bit confused... your postes used to be a little longer then lately... and (sorry to say) a bit more intereting... well guess you´re busy!!
Anyway... i´ll keep reading... even so it is a very good blog...
thakns for the enternainment...
PCS

Anonymous said...

is this a fictional blog or is it for real???

Anonymous said...

Dear Didi (DDD), ;)

hope you're just too busy between work and the new house, and during your spare time having better moments with KS than updating the blog, but, anyway, we miss you a lot, girl.

Hope to read you soon, princesa.

Minty