Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Xmas

As I probably have mentioned before, December 24 is usually my busiest and most tiring day of the year. Still, I usually look forward to it more than to Christmas itself. Here is how it went.
As family tradition imposes, since breakfast all males were banished from the house, and they just got back around 7PM.
Meanwhile, all the females arrived, from Granny (aged 83) up to Sofia, my little niece (aged 2) slowly arrived and joined in the kitchen. From 9AM ‘till 6:30PM, we went on cooking, as each year: no more cooking will be done for a few days, usually until New Year’s Eve, so a huge deal of food is prepared during those crucial hours.
But it’s also about catching up with latest gossips and events, laughing altogether, sometimes singing, teasing one each other and so on. Needless to say, I am the clown of the group.
The menu changes from year to year (this year included a huge mishmash), but the main course is always the same: lasagna. Only, as that is the thing we go on eating for days, we prepare an incredible amount of it: this year, it was 12 baking tins (each one 6 to 8 portions).
And when I say lasagna, it means we also prepare the pasta and all…

Anyway, it all went well except when the mixer broke (my fault) and when my middle finger got cut pretty badly (the Panther’s fault)…

Christmas was fine and everything, but I have to admit it was in a sort of relief I left to go skiing, as the babies kept crying each night, and I really needed some rest.

While in the mountains, I spent most of my time doing some mountaineering ski, hiking and getting drunk with my friends, which was pretty good.
And now New Year’s Eve has gone, I got back to town yesterday night… Killer Smile was waiting for me at the station (damned good thing, as I had some 25 kilos of stuff with me, including my skis), we got home where he rubbed my back before making love…. Mmm it feels good to be back…

And now, back to work!
Happy New Year to everyone!

No comments: